Talk to us and other Wattvision users!

integrate weather data with energy data.

Either let people toggle on/off a temperate graph overlay on their energy usage chart...

Or run a regression on energy usage and temperature and tell them how much of their energy seems to be temperature dependent.

-Roy

27 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At my house, u can multiply the degree days X 3.74 and it is very close to the energy usage. So I would like to know what others experience. So 30 day kwh divided by degree days divided by sq footage of the home(a home people actually lve in)

• Cliffrp commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Regression based on weather would be useful. Might I suggest that Cooling Degree Day (CCD) and Heating Degree Day (HDD) be used rather than raw temperature. The analysis will only make since based on daily differences, not minute or hourly. Also there should be the ability to run it as a multiple regression and as separate regressions based on periods picked by the user to allow for the changes for seasons and between seasons.

• Patrik Jonsson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are public databases of heating-degree-day data at different locations (see degreedays.net) so it should be relatively simple to let the user input a location and then overlay that data.

Feedback and Knowledge Base